We are working in compliance with City of Boston guidelines to safely reopen the Gifford Cat Shelter to our community. We are committed to the safety of our staff, volunteers, the public, and of course, our cats. We are implementing the following safety policies:
· If you are interested in adopting, please review the adoption information page and fill in an adoption application, which can be viewed on our "Adopt" page in the above menu. Once submitted, one of our adoption matchmakers will reach out to you.
· We ask that everyone visiting the Gifford Cat Shelter maintain physical distancing by staying at least 6 feet apart from others, both inside and outside our buildings.
· In accordance with City of Boston guidelines, masks and face coverings are no longer required to be worn in most indoor settings. We encourage anyone to continue wearing masks if they feel more comfortable. If you have medical conditions that put you at risk, please reach out to staff to see what special accommodations can be made to ensure everyone's safety.
· We continue to have plenty of hand sanitizer available.
· If you or someone you have recently been in close contact with is under quarantine for suspected exposure to COVID-19, we ask that you refrain from visiting the shelter.